Can you feel the weather changing? That’s right summer is rapidly approaching and all the fun times with it. Let us all be vigilant in our view of summer activities and live life to the full, we can do this by preparing early for BBQ season. Here is a recipe of mine that will amaze you and your guests when it comes time to camp, tail gate, or impress your significant other. Practice makes perfect so get on with it!
Recipe – Whiskey Espresso BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1Tbls harissa chili paste (optional)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup espresso or instant coffee – double strength
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls liquid smoke
- 2 Tbls whiskey
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Saute the onions and garlic until translucent, (a couple of minutes).
Add the spices and stir.
Add the rest of the ingredients, and simmer over medium heat.
Allow the sauce to thicken. If you prefer a smooth sauce you can strain the sauce with a colander.